Welcome to Mothers Circle
your village of support
that begins in pregnancy
carries you through your baby’s first year
…and may last you a lifetime
How would you like to RELAX into motherhood,
instead of feeling confused and overwhelmed?
Imagine being able to build rock-solid friendships with other mums, without having to struggle through hours of small talk.
Imagine navigating huge transitions – such as the newborn stage, returning to work, weaning – with personalised guidance & support from a trained postnatal doula.
Your safe space for becoming the mother you want to be…without losing yourself.
Mothers Circle is a year-long membership group for mothers who are ready for transformation. Your membership includes FREE access during your entire third trimester. It’s open to ALL mums…whether you’re expecting your first child, second child or maybe your fifth?!
Ready to learn more?
Here’s what you’ll find inside Mothers Circle:
- Share your darkest fears & “silly” questions in a safe space, without feeling judged, so that you truly feel held by a village of support.
- Relax at our face-to-face meetings once a month in a beautiful venue (that you don’t have to organise yourself!)
- Stay connected in our private Facebook group so you can keep growing your village of support in between the monthly face-to-face circles
- Tap into the hivemind of other mums & their rich experiences so you can stop second guessing yourself and develop your confidence
- Receive personalised tips & tricks to handle those “big transitions” with grace & ease – weaning, returning to work, finding childcare – so you can relax into motherhood instead of feeling one step behind.
- Get personalised referrals to my extensive local network of health & wellness professionals and specialists, so you can get the help you need without getting overwhelmed by choice….whether you need a really great postnatal massage, contraceptive advice, gentle sleep support or just directions to the closest baby-friendly cafe
- Learn from trusted experts at face-to-face sessions, so you can get specialised gold nuggets of information without having to book into a million different workshops or travel out of your way
- Ask me anything you need to know – anytime – and get linked up with evidence-based resources & tools so you don’t have to scour the internet for answers
- Enjoy a home-cooked vegetarian lunch at each monthly circle, so you can get the nutrition your postnatal body needs without having to cook (or clean up afterwards!)
- Borrow what you need from my free lending library of books, baby carriers, bellybinds, breast pumps and more, so you don’t have to spend hundreds on equipment you only need for a short time
Your year-long membership in Mothers Circle costs $50 per month (a one-time payment of $600).
- Your membership is valid for one year, from the time your baby is born OR one year from the time you join, whichever comes last. This means any sessions you attend while pregnant are FREE.
- Once you pay your membership fee, you will never pay any additional costs.
- If you book an in-home support package while your Mothers Circle membership is still active, your support package will be discounted by the price you paid for membership.
- Same-sex partners who both wish to attend may purchase a family membership for $1000 (a discount of $100 each).
I currently run two separate sessions to serve mums from either end of town.
One session is held in Kambah, on Tuesday mornings once a month. (This session is currently closed to enrolments unless you are a new client booking a premium in-home support package.)
Our second circle opens February 2019, at MacKillop House in Lyneham, on Thursday mornings once a month. This session is OPEN to enrolments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to join?
If you’re in your third trimester or have a baby under 12 weeks, then yes!
The best time to join is in the third trimester of your pregnancy. This gives you the best bang for your buck: you still only pay for 1 year of membership, but all the sessions & content while you’re pregnant are gifted to you for FREE, at no extra cost.
Your membership includes a nourishing lunch at every group meeting.
How is this different from a free mums group?
Mothers Circle is uniquely designed to support you through the first year of your baby’s life, through intentional community, personalised support and hand-picked resources. It is unlike any other resource for mothers in all of Canberra.
One of the most important differences is that our group meetings are private and facilitated.
Why is this important? Well, perhaps you’ve been to groups where one person’s point of view dominated the conversation. Or where you felt bombarded with advice, judgments and conflicting ideas. Perhaps you’ve attended groups where you really clicked with someone – and then never saw them again. Or perhaps you’ve never even been to a mums group, because the idea of walking into a room where you don’t know anyone is a bit…scary!
A closed, facilitated group transcends these issues – every woman has a chance to speak and be heard in a safe, private container. And since we journey together for a whole year, you make deeper, longer-lasting connections.
Having said that, Canberra is fortunate to have quite a lot of free mums groups, and I encourage you to check them out. You can never have too much support!
Can I come along to try before I buy?
No. This is a safe space, where all members must be equally committed in order to ensure confidentiality.
For your peace of mind, I offer a 100% money back guarantee if, after attending two sessions, you decide this is not for you.
All sessions during your pregnancy are complimentary.
Can I bring my older children?
Yes! There will be a few toys at the venue, but I suggest you bring along something for them to do as well. Usually mothers opt to find care for their older children just so they can relax and focus on filling their own cup…but it’s entirely up to you.
Is it inclusive?
YES. Mothers Circle is a safe space for mothers who are neurodiverse, live with mental health challenges, have a visible or invisible disability, are LGBTQ, or have special requirements of ANY kind. If there are obstacles to you attending the group meetings, I will try my best to make adjustments to support you. YOU do not have to change who you are to be part of this circle.
If you have an NDIS plan and are self-managed, you may be able to use your funding to pay for membership. I can help you identify how Mothers Circle supports your plan goals, and provide you with evidence to give to your assessor/plan manager if necessary.
So, are you ready to join? Fill out the form below and I’ll follow up with you.